We’re looking for a 2nd Line Support Technician to join our Service Desk team on a 4 days on, 4 days off (4×4) shift pattern.
It’s an exciting time to join our journey – we’re growing our team as we expand our Service Portfolio, so it’s ever-changing and growing. That means lots of opportunities to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in!
About our Service Desk team
The Service Desk team is a crucial part of Team Transparity. The team has one goal; to provide every single customer technical expertise and exceptional service for every query that they raise.
What you’ll be doing on a day-to-day basis
Like all members of the Service Desk team, you’re often acting as the first point of contact for all incoming queries and you’ll answer calls rapidly and ensure all support tickets are raised, completed thoroughly, and categorised appropriately.
- You’ll own your tickets and ensure the appropriate customer communication and ongoing updates are provided for the lifespan of the issue or request.
- You’ll build rapport with your customers, ensuring you’re professional and friendly as you solve their issue. You’ll ensure you communicate with them frequently to update them on the status of their case.
- You’ll effectively and efficiently manage critical incidents and you’ll build relationships to effectively work with your colleagues, Microsoft and other external suppliers to resolve issues.
- Your knowledge and experience help you to identify opportunities for improvement both within customer environments and the service team.
- You’ll update customer documentation and process guides regularly and communicate changes when required.
- You pride yourself on being a technical expert and share your knowledge with colleagues and customers alike.
- Every day, we work to improve and ensure our constant ongoing understanding of the Microsoft Cloud technologies we support, so you’ll be active in your personal development, investing time into taking and passing technical examinations.
Think this is the role for you?
First and foremost, at Transparity we recruit with our cultural fit in mind. Therefore, you will need to demonstrate a strong work ethic, unwavering dedication to delivering service excellence, the ability to create and maintain exceptional working relationships, creative thinking and problem solving, and high levels of organisation.
Here’s what else we’re looking for:
- You will have been in a 1st Line role previously as a minimum. If you’ve been a 2nd Line Support Technician before, that’s a bonus!
- You have strong Microsoft 365 skills
- You’ll likely have used Autotask or a similar Service Desk ticketing system
- You have developed strong customer-facing and service skills, and know the importance of delivering exceptional service
- You’re able to quickly build relationships with people
- You see things through to the end and ensure the key people are updated along the way
- You’re highly organised with excellent timekeeping
- You’re constantly learning and developing your technical expertise
- It’s advantageous if you have gained your Microsoft 365 Administrator Certificate and/or the Microsoft Azure Administrator Certificate
- When it’s safe to do so, you’ll be happy to work from our Ferndown office in Dorset, as well as at home and from customer sites when required (please note that this role will be remote until further notice)
- You have the legal right to work in the UK
- You’re happy to undergo a DBS check
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary DOE
- Shift allowance
- 23.5 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- Life assurance from day one
- Health insurance after a successful year with us
- Support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Programme
- An amazing place to work with a focus on your wellbeing and your growth
- Do something great? We’ll let the company know all about it at our weekly and annual “Shouties”!
- Exciting company events including summer and Christmas parties
Sound good? If you’re interested in joining our journey, simply email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.