About the role
The Support Engineer: 3rd Line is responsible for managing escalated and priority tickets through to resolution, utilising their own resources as well as ensuring that the extensive capabilities for obtaining additional assistance within Transparity is used to aid the successful resolution of support issues. Managing effective communication, within the business and customers is critical.
The 3rd line engineer is also expected to be able to provide escalation from the FFC and 2nd line teams.
The Support Engineer: 3rd Line is expected to expand their skillset through ongoing learning, especially in the realms of Microsoft Cloud, resulting in the taking and passing of relevant technical examinations
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer overflow calls ensuring that support tickets are raised and categorised appropriately.
- Provide a re-assuring, polite and friendly point-of-contact for our customers.
- Ensure that appropriate customer communication and ongoing updates are provided for the lifespan of any issue or request
- Proactive and complete time and ticket update entry within the support desk ticketing system
- Take ownership of tickets assigned or escalated to you throughout the entire ticket life cycle
- Ensure customer documentation and process guides are regularly updated as required
- Capability to follow change control procedures at all times
- Change request management through the full life cycle
- Provide expert technical assistance to our client base
- Provide expert technical assistance and mentoring to the Service Desk team
- Ensure constant ongoing understanding of Microsoft Cloud technologies and associated platforms
- Invest time into taking and passing technical examinations as agreed with the support desk team leader
- Deliver exemplary customer service
- Collaborate with Microsoft and other suppliers to resolve issues
- Provide out-of-hours technical support as required via the on-call rotation schedule
- Delivery of remote project and implementation tasks
- Technical assistance for new customer acquisitions
- Support the new customer journey
- Critical incident management and root cause analysis
- Internal process development, deployment, and training
- Knowledge transfer and development of team colleagues
- Identify opportunities for improvement within customer environments
- Ensure the wider Service Desk team are updated on new and retiring Microsoft technologies
- Attendance at customer sites to provide on-site technical support may be required
- Meet assigned individual key-performance-indicators (KPI’s)
- Ensure that personal time management is of the highest priority and that punctuality is a key focus
First and foremost, at Transparity we recruit with our cultural fit in mind. Therefore, you will need to demonstrate a strong work ethic, unwavering dedication to delivering service excellence, the ability to create and maintain exceptional working relationships, creative thinking and problem solving, and high levels of organisation.
We’re also looking for the following attributes:
- Excellent customer-facing and service skills
- Ability to connect with customers and build rapport
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Organised and punctual
- Creative problem-solving
- Capability to work effectively within a team, along with mentoring of juniors
- Extreme attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Experience as a 2nd or 3rd line IT support/service desk role required
- Experience using Microsoft 365 software required
- Experience using Autotask desirable
- Certified in Microsoft 365 Administrator/Expert advantageous
- Certified in Microsoft Azure Administrator/Expert advantageous
- Certified in other Microsoft Cloud technologies advantageous
Transparity is a fast-growing IT company focusing on Microsoft Cloud based solutions. Our culture has an enviable reputation in the industry which we work hard to maintain. We are focused on creating an inclusive environment where our employees thrive based upon integrity, strong work ethic, a one-team ethos, desire to learn and develop and a commitment to deliver unwavering service excellence to our customers, vendors and partners. Therefore, first and foremost we recruit with our cultural fit in mind.
Sound good? If you’re interested in joining our journey, simply email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.