Business Development Manager
About the role
You’ll be responsible for making net new customer sales, prospecting organisations, working alongside the relevant Microsoft Account teams to establish new sales leads and developing sales through your own activity. You will become a Microsoft Cloud evangelist, helping customers with their digital transformation via the Microsoft Cloud-based services offered by Transparity whilst becoming a trusted adviser, rather than a salesperson. Following the acquisition of a new customer, the Business Development Manager will then be responsible for maintaining a long-term relationship and being accountable for the outcomes achieved within the established customer base until the account is ready to hand over to an Account Manager, enabling the Business Development Manager to remain focused on winning further new customers.
To be successful in this role, you will be highly driven, personable and technically minded, as well as being able to communicate complex solutions for potential customers’ business challenges. Your location isn’t important as our clients are spread across the UK, but the role will involve travelling to customer site(s) as appropriate.
Your main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Proactively engaging with new prospects to drive interest and pipeline for Transparity’s product and services
- Proactively working with relevant Microsoft Sales and Demand Generation teams to drive new leads for Transparity
- Determining what customers’ business requirements are and make recommendations for solutions to solve their challenges
- Approaching potential clients through new leads, cold calls, existing relationships, promotional events etc
- Nurturing customers, plus maintaining and expanding relationships with all clients within your portfolio
- Achieving set sales targets and complete activities in line with measures outlined in set KPIs
- Attending and presenting at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
- Attending Transparity’s marketing events, trade shows, industry events and training when required
First and foremost, at Transparity we recruit with our cultural fit in mind. Therefore, you will need to demonstrate a strong work ethic, unwavering dedication to delivering service excellence, the ability to create and maintain exceptional working relationships, creative thinking and problem solving, and high levels of organisation.
It’s also essential that you have demonstrable experience in new business sales – preferably gained in selling Microsoft Cloud solutions – as well as having achieved grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English.
Transparity are more than just an IT company; we strive to become the go-to partner for Microsoft Cloud in the UK. We are growing rapidly to keep up with demand from our customers – who rely on us to deliver state-of-the-art technology and digital transformation – making it a very exciting time to join our journey. With 10 Gold Microsoft Partner accreditations (and counting!) Transparity are highly regarded as true experts in the Microsoft Cloud, and you’ll be working with best-of-breed solutions that genuinely make a difference to how our customers run their businesses.
It’s important to us that everyone at Transparity feels like they have a voice that is heard, and can come together to deliver the very best customer service. We’re a continually-expanding team who are engaged, driven and passionate about delivering digital transformation, and we’re always looking for talented individuals to become part of the family. If you think that you can help us realise our vision and want to be part of an organisation who is truly making waves, just get in touch.
Sound good? If you’re interested in joining our journey, simply email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.