Azure Immersion Workshop: Data Modernisation in a Day
Migrate your SQL database into the Microsoft Cloud
Data-driven decision making is gaining in popularity, enabling organisations to make smarter business growth decisions. But holding the data requires you to be responsible by ensuring it is kept secure and compliant with any data laws, such as GDPR. Many businesses are choosing to hold their increasing amounts of data securely in the Cloud, negating the expansion and reliability issues associated with on-premises servers, but data migration can be complex. So how do you get started?
In this one-day workshop, Transparity will offer a deep dive into how to migrate your apps and databases to the Microsoft Cloud. Our expert will cover everything from whiteboarding migration strategies to hands-on experiences with data migration tools. They will also provide guidance on how to enable some of the advanced SQL features available in Azure to improve security and performance, as well as help you design a solution for migrating services to Azure with minimal or no downtime.
- Morning – Data migration value and planning
- 09:00 Data migration overview, case studies, migration triggers, customer timelines, TCO value
- 10:00 Using Data Migration tools and frameworks to assess/build business case for the Cloud
- 11:00 Whiteboarding exercise (assessing environment, destination considerations etc.)
- Afternoon – Data migration “Hands-On” Lab (HOL)
- 13:00 Introducing HOL process and goals for the afternoon
- 13:15 HOL: Migrate Azure SQL Database to Azure (a technical deep dive covering assessing, migrating and enhancing SQL Security in Azure)
- 16:30 Next steps and how to get started
Your Transparity expert
Kieren has demonstrable experience in a variety of support, Project Management and developer roles within IT. At Transparity, he specialises in the Intelligent Cloud, helping customers to understand Microsoft solutions such as Azure and Power Apps.