We are currently looking for a UK-based Technical Architect experienced in the development of integration systems using BizTalk Server.
Ballard Chalmers specialises in software design, development, and ongoing support for enterprise systems on the Microsoft platform for deployment on the Microsoft Cloud, as well as on-premises and hybrid systems. Our areas of expertise are Microsoft .NET & Azure, SQL Server, and BizTalk Server. With over 30 years of industry experience and as a Microsoft Partner with 5 Gold Competencies, we have a well-earned reputation for delivering our expert services.
Ballard Chalmers are part of the Transparity family who is a pureplay Microsoft Partner and Expert MSP.
About the role
We are looking for a hands-on Technical Architect with solid experience developing integration systems between business systems, trading partners and other services, using BizTalk Server. As well as experience in leading and guiding developers within a development project to help ensure the project is running smoothly within the estimated time.
We have many clients using BizTalk server and new clients coming to us for BizTalk server services – we are one of only a handful of expert BizTalk consultancies in the UK.
The successful candidate will have considerable experience in C#, .NET, SQL, BizTalk and exposure to Azure DevOps and the creation of Build and Release pipelines. Any experience in Azure Integration Services would be beneficial but is not essential.
You should have 10+ years of software development experience most of which is carrying out systems integration work and you should be able to use your knowledge and expertise to provide solutions to complex systems integrations.
As a note, here at Ballard Chalmers as part of your career development we will help train and skill you up on Azure Integration Services if you want to do so.
- Degree level in a technical subject area.
- Highly proficient in core Microsoft technologies C#, .NET and T-SQL.
- Expert level in developing complex integrations using BizTalk Server.
- Understanding of Lean/Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Azure DevOps CI/CD Build and Release pipelines.
- Strong communication skills and client-facing experience.
- Experience in managing a team of developers
- Experience with the use of ARM Templates to create resources in Azure.
- Proficient in developing complex integrations using Azure Integration Services including Service Bus, Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Azure Storage and Event Hub.
- Understanding of implementing and managing automated testing.
- Software Development: 10+ years
Benefits of working at Ballard Chalmers
At Ballard Chalmers, you work with experienced professionals at the top of their game. As Microsoft specialists, we are very tech-specific, meaning you can use your deep Microsoft technical expertise to solve a variety of interesting and challenging technical/business requirements. We do not micro-manage and pride ourselves in hiring the best, and then letting you do what you do best.
We have developers celebrating 10 and 15 year anniversaries with us this year — nothing can demonstrate better our commitment to creating a company where you will enjoy working.
Strictly no agencies, please