Support Technician - 3rd Line
We’re looking for a 3rd Line Support Technician to join our Service Desk team on a 4 days on, 4 days off (4×4) shift pattern.
It’s an exciting time to join our journey – we’re growing our team as we expand our Service Portfolio, so it’s ever-changing and growing. That means lots of opportunities to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in!
About our Service Desk team
The Service Desk team is a crucial part of Team Transparity. The team has one goal; to provide every single customer technical expertise and exceptional service for every query that they raise.
What you’ll be doing on a day-to-day basis
Like all members of the Service Desk team, you’re often acting as the first point of contact for all incoming queries and you’ll answer calls rapidly and ensure all support tickets are raised, completed thoroughly, and categorised appropriately.
You’ll own your tickets and ensure the appropriate customer communication and ongoing updates are provided for the lifespan of the issue or request.
As a 3rd Line Support Technician, you’ll be responsible for managing escalated and priority tickets through to resolution, utilising your resources as well as ensuring that the extensive capabilities for obtaining additional assistance within Transparity is used to aid the successful resolution of support issues.
You’ll build rapport with your customers, ensuring you’re professional and friendly as you solve their issue. You’ll ensure you communicate with them frequently to update them on the status of their case.
You’ll effectively and efficiently manage critical incidents and you’ll build relationships to effectively work with your colleagues, Microsoft and other external suppliers to resolve issues.
Your knowledge and experience help you to identify opportunities for improvement both within customer environments and the service team.
You update customer documentation and process guides regularly and communicate changes when required.
You pride yourself on being a technical expert and share your knowledge with colleagues and customers alike. You keep up-to-date with all Microsoft technologies and ensure the wider service desk team are informed of new and retiring products.
Every day, we work to improve and ensure our constant ongoing understanding of the Microsoft Cloud technologies we support, so you’ll be active in your personal development, investing time into taking and passing technical examinations.
Think this is the role for you?
First and foremost, at Transparity we recruit with our cultural fit in mind. Therefore, you will need to demonstrate a strong work ethic, unwavering dedication to delivering service excellence, the ability to create and maintain exceptional working relationships, creative thinking and problem solving, and high levels of organisation.
Here’s what else we’re looking for:
- You will have been in a 2nd Line role previously as a minimum. If you’ve been a 3rd Line Support Technician before, that’s a bonus!
- You have developed strong customer-facing and service skills, and know the importance of delivering exceptional service
- You’re able to quickly build relationships with people
- You see things through to the end and ensure the key people are updated along the way
- You’re a creative problem solver with a positive mindset, believing that there isn’t an issue that cannot be overcome!
- You’re highly organised with excellent timekeeping
- You have strong Microsoft 365 skills
- You’ll likely have used Autotask or a similar Service Desk ticketing system
- You’re constantly learning and developing your technical expertise
- It’s advantageous if you have gained your Microsoft 365 Administrator & Expert Certificate and/or the Microsoft Azure Administrator & Expert Certificate
- When it’s safe to do so, you’ll be happy to work from our Ferndown office in Dorset, as well as at home and from customer sites when required (please note that this role will be remote until further notice)
- You own a smart phone to allow the use of Microsoft Authenticator
- You have the legal right to work in the UK
- You’re happy to undergo a DBS check
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary DOE
- Shift allowance
- 23.5 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- Life assurance from day one
- Health insurance after a successful year with us
- Support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Programme
- An amazing place to work with a focus on your wellbeing and your growth
- Do something great? We’ll let the company know all about it at our weekly and annual “Shouties”!
- Exciting company events including summer and Christmas parties
Recruitment during Covid-19
To adhere to current government guidelines and for the safety of both our people and customers, Transparity’s Bournemouth office is currently closed.
Any roles which will be primarily office-based will commence as a Work From Home role, and will be reviewed as and when the guidance around Covid-19 changes.
We are Disability Confident
Transparity have a proactive attitude when it comes to looking after the wellbeing and inclusion of all our employees. We promote equal opportunities through our recruitment process and a positive, inclusive culture across the business which we are proud of. We are diverse in our approach to recruitment and recognise that talent comes in all different forms. The diversity in our team is what helps our business work so well. To find out more about our disability commitment, please contact HR or just ask during your interview.
Transparity is a fast-growing Microsoft Cloud specialist. But we’re much more than just an IT company; we aim to be the go-to partner for Microsoft Cloud in the UK. Our growth is driven by demand from our customers – who rely on us to deliver state-of-the-art technology and digital transformation – making it a very exciting time to join our journey. With 12 Gold Microsoft Partner accreditations (and counting!) – plus a number of Microsoft Advanced Specialisations – Transparity are highly regarded as true experts in the Microsoft Cloud. so you’ll be working alongside talented colleagues and with best-of-breed solutions.
It’s important to us that everyone at Transparity feels like they have a voice that is heard, and can come together to deliver the very best customer service. Our culture has an enviable reputation in the industry which we work hard to maintain. We are focused on creating an inclusive environment where our employees thrive on integrity, a strong work ethic and the desire to deliver unwavering service excellence to our customers, vendors and partners.
We have a proactive attitude when it comes to looking after the wellbeing and inclusion of all our employees. Transparity consider it essential to promote equal opportunities through our recruitment process and a positive, inclusive culture across the business is something which we are very proud of. We are diverse in our approach to recruitment and recognise that talent comes in all different forms, and the diversity in our team is what helps our business work so well.
We’re also a continually-expanding team who are engaged, driven and passionate about delivering digital transformation, and we’re always looking for talented individuals to become part of the family. If you think that you can help us realise our vision and want to be part of an organisation who is truly making waves, just get in touch.
Sound good? If you’re interested in joining our journey, simply email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept CVs via recruitment agencies.