About the role
To provide a consistent, best practice driven experience for bringing customers onboard to Transparity’s Managed Security Service, or Tactical Managed Service offerings, and in the delivery of bespoke Security Consulting. Providing technically sound support to our customers and setting the foundation for an outstanding experience during the high-impact period of change that taking a new managed service brings to our customers. Developing these relationships through customer focus and technical expertise will provide the basis for an outstanding career at a company rapidly becoming a leader in the security sector.
You will provide expert implementation, support, and ongoing support via our Security Operations Centre (SOC) and be responsible for ensuring that the security prerequisites and minimum technical requirements are met, along with the client requirements during the transition from the varied security postures we encounter when beginning the onboarding process. You will also engage in the delivery of bespoke security consultancy.
This role will see you become one of the primary technical experts responsible for bringing new or existing customers to a Microsoft and industry best practice driven security posture, backed by the support of our Security team to develop customer relationships that will last.
You will work closely with our Service Delivery team, per-client Project Managers, and be responsible for ensuring that each onboarding is a successful experience resulting in updated processes, continuous best practice adherence, and positive transitions to business-as-usual support delivered by the Transparity SOC.
This is an exciting role where you will get to know new clients and their infrastructure(s). You will develop your own technical knowledge as well as project delivery skills through the guidance of the Head of Security and the supporting team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering security-focused projects as per the agreed statement of works using Transparity playbooks and your existing technical expertise.
- Maintaining and building customer relationships through regular contact. You will be the technical point of contact for your allocated customers during the project engagement.
- Working with the customer to identify and overcome risks and roadblocks in the onboarding process, including client communications.
- Working with the Service Delivery team and Project Manager to ensure we are delivering against agreed timelines.
- Providing technical assistance to colleagues within your team and the wider technical teams to transition from onboarding to BAU support.
- Acting as the primary ‘go to’ person for all technical queries from the customer during onboarding.
- Ensuring technical process documentation and customer communication documents are up to date, accurate, and follow best practices.
- Providing a technical overview of customers’ estate.
- Ensuring customer documentation and process guides are updated as required.
- Providing expert technical assistance to new customers.
- Assisting the Service Delivery team and Project Manager to overcome issues.
- Ensuring ongoing understanding of Microsoft Cloud technologies and associated security platforms and frameworks.
- Providing a ‘Microsoft first’ approach to customer infrastructure changes/development and enhancement.
- Deliver Pre-Sales consultancy in support of the practice, as required.
- Achieving technical examinations relevant to your role.
- Delivering exemplary customer service.
- Ensuring that personal time management is of the highest priority and that punctuality is a key focus
First and foremost, at Transparity we recruit with our cultural fit in mind. Therefore, you will need to demonstrate a strong work ethic, unwavering dedication to delivering service excellence, the ability to create and maintain exceptional working relationships, creative thinking and problem solving, and high levels of organisation.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience with the following products / technologies, or similar products from other best of breed Security providers:
- Azure Active Directory (AAD)
- Active Directory (AD)
- Azure MFA
- Microsoft Sentinel
- AAD Password Protection
- AAD Privilege Identity Management (PIM)
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Microsoft Defender for Identity
- AAD Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR)
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Risk-Based Conditional Access
- Strong technical knowledge and a willingness to share or mentor others.
- Previous Project Engineering / Consultancy experience desired.
- Previous SOC experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Client operating systems.
- Linux experience is a bonus.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in networking products and frameworks, such as firewalls, switches, wireless infrastructure, WAF, application gateways and the OSI 7-layer model.
- Knowledge of Kusto Query Language and PowerShell scripting languages advantageous.
- Excellent technical document writing experience (network and traffic flow diagrams, playbook documentation) essential.
- Relevant industry certifications are a bonus.
- Self-motivated, and organised.
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly.
- Ability to work to customer and internal deadlines.
Transparity is a fast-growing IT company focusing on Microsoft Cloud based solutions. Our culture has an enviable reputation in the industry which we work hard to maintain. We are focused on creating an inclusive environment where our employees thrive based upon integrity, strong work ethic, a one-team ethos, desire to learn and develop and a commitment to deliver unwavering service excellence to our customers, vendors and partners. Therefore, first and foremost we recruit with our cultural fit in mind.
Sound good? If you’re interested in joining our journey, simply email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.