About the role
The Security Architect role is a vital component in our commitment to providing the very best security consultancy and expertise to our customers. In close partnership with the wider Security team, you will lead the pre-engagement, scoping, design, and delivery of consultancy engagements – providing oversight, support, and guidance to ensure an outstanding customer experience and the upholding of our exacting standards. You will also support the delivery of technical workshops, proof of concept security projects, and other bespoke security consultancy as required, helping to set the foundations for our customer’s security journey.
You will work closely with the Sales, Security, and Customer Success Teams, owning presales engagements, and being accountable for workshops and security projects assigned to you, but also in supporting other technical initiatives that may be requested of you by the Head of Security from time to time. These will include the development of product calculators, documentation templates and proposals, contribution to the development of new products and services, and the support of other practice requirements such as direct interaction with customers in a consulting capacity as may be necessary.
As an experienced and credible technical expert, you will be responsible for building on existing or establishing new customer relationships and demonstrating why Transparity Cyber should be their first choice for managed and professional security services. You will take pride in actively developing your skills and understanding of practice related technology and support the Head of Security through demonstrable technical excellence in maintaining our standing as a leading Microsoft Cloud partner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Presales Consultancy Engagement & Support
- Deliver Pre-Sales consultancy in support of the practice.
- Support the Sales team throughout the Security sales lifecycle, including (but not limited to):
- Creation and maintenance of document templates.
- Creation and maintenance of product calculators.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of product service descriptions and assets.
- Be accountable for the successful execution of projects assigned to you (predominately workshops, proof of concept deployments, and Architectural oversight for key customer engagements).
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Be responsible for the effective transition of consultancy engagements into the operations team on completion.
- Proactively deliver Transparity’s Architect Assurance service as required, including (but not limited to):
- Provide support and guidance to the aligned consultant as needed throughout the engagement,
- Ratify scoping decisions and ensuring timely peer review of customer documentation before issue,
- Promote consistency and the delivery of solutions according to accepted best practices,
- Highlight potential delivery and project issues to aid planning of resolution and communications,
- Act as the primary technical escalation for in-project issues, taking ownership to resolution.
- Coordinate with the Customer Success and Service Management teams to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Be willing to mentor, coach, and provide support to more junior members of the team.
Technology & Process Development (in partnership with the Head of Security)
- Support the Head of Security in delivering strategic objectives related to the development of the practice.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of assets to support product, service, and process improvement e.g.:
- Service Catalogue assets, e.g. customer facing PowerPoint & Service collateral,
- Customer documentation templates and process / engagement assets.
- Provide recommendations for technology and service improvement to the Head of Security.
- Actively engage with Microsoft counterparts to drive continual improvement and maintain awareness.
- Facilitate and enable ideas from team members to improve technical capability and effectiveness.
- Contribute towards regular marketing activity in the form of website / blog content, and in-person events.
First and foremost, at Transparity we recruit with our cultural fit in mind. Therefore, you will need to demonstrate a strong work ethic, unwavering dedication to delivering service excellence, the ability to create and maintain exceptional working relationships, creative thinking and problem solving, and high levels of organisation.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience with the following products / technologies:
- Azure Active Directory (AAD)
- Active Directory (AD)
- Microsoft Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS)
- Microsoft Sentinel
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Microsoft Defender for Identity
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Microsoft Intune / Endpoint Manager (MEM)
- Microsoft Information Protection
- Azure Bastion / Azure Firewall / Azure Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Insider Risk Management (IRM)
- Azure Policies
- Microsoft OneDrive / Teams / SharePoint
- Windows 10 / 11 and Windows Server 2012 R2+
- Knowledge of Kusto Query Language and PowerShell scripting languages advantageous.
- A sound understanding of practice aligned principles, standards, and architecture.
- Strong technical knowledge and a willingness to share or mentor others.
- Proven experience in a senior technical consultancy role.
- Previous SOC experience preferred.
- An understanding of applying and transitioning technical solution into delivery (planning / phasing / timelines).
- An ability to react quickly, decisively, and deliberately in high-stress, high-impact situations.
- Ability to author high-quality technical documentation.
- Relevant industry certifications.
- Self-motivated, and organised.
- Ability to work to customer and internal deadlines.
Transparity is a fast-growing IT company focusing on Microsoft Cloud based solutions. Our culture has an enviable reputation in the industry which we work hard to maintain. We are focused on creating an inclusive environment where our employees thrive based upon integrity, strong work ethic, a one-team ethos, desire to learn and develop and a commitment to deliver unwavering service excellence to our customers, vendors and partners. Therefore, first and foremost we recruit with our cultural fit in mind.
Sound good? If you’re interested in joining our journey, simply email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.