About the role
Working closely with the Chief Technology Officer and our Technical Leads, the Pre-Sales Consultant will support the Sales team through the delivery of technical consultancy to inform and increase the value of the sales engagements.
The Pre-Sales Consultant will be responsible for articulating the company’s technology and product portfolio, ensuring that deliverable solutions are specified in response to customer needs. These proposals and solutions should be accurate in terms of services, equipment, licensing, and time – validated through consultation, customer engagement and technical expertise.
Technical product knowledge needs to be accompanied by good written, verbal, and presentation skills to support the creation and communication of proposal content to customers and prospects.
Your main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Be the initial interface for all incoming Pre-Sales requests, resolving or escalating as necessary.
- Accountable for the timely response and progression of incoming requests.
- Accompany customer and prospect visits (UK wide) and conference calls with Sales to consult on solutions.
- Understand and interpret requirements into deliverable solutions based on Transparity’s product portfolio.
- Support RFP (request for proposal) engagements and the delivery of technical content in response.
- Provide technical input and validation during the creation of Sales proposals.
- Build custom demonstrations and be capable of delivering validation / proof-of-concept activity where required.
- Confidently deliver presentations and demonstrations to customers and prospects.
- Support the transition of the sales process into delivery via handover with the Consultancy / Service Desk teams.
- Supplement the Consultancy team through chargeable engagements (pre and post sale) where required.
First and foremost, at Transparity we recruit with our cultural fit in mind. Therefore, you will need to demonstrate a strong work ethic, unwavering dedication to delivering service excellence, the ability to create and maintain exceptional working relationships, creative thinking and problem solving, and high levels of organisation.
We would also like you to possess the following:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft 365 and/or Azure concepts, technologies and trends, specifically:
- Collaboration, data, and security solutions within the Microsoft 365 suite
- Microsoft Azure, extending to IaaS and PaaS-based solutions
- Microsoft’s Cloud Adoption and Well-Architected Frameworks
- Migration options and methodologies
- Proven experience in a senior technical consultancy role
- The ability to identify business objectives, and translate into technical criteria to inform solution design
- Relevant industry certifications (Azure Solutions Architect/Enterprise Administrator Expert or desired)
- An understanding of technical solution into delivery (project planning/phasing/timelines)
- Technical and commercial document writing experience (proposals, tenders, project scoping documents)
- An ability to articulate and present technical solutions across technical/non-technical audiences
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Self-motivated and organised
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
- Ability to work to customer and internal deadlines
Transparity are more than just an IT company; we strive to become the go-to partner for Microsoft Cloud in the UK. We are growing rapidly to keep up with demand from our customers – who rely on us to deliver state-of-the-art technology and digital transformation – making it a very exciting time to join our journey. With 14 Gold Microsoft Partner accreditations (and counting!) Transparity are highly regarded as true experts in the Microsoft Cloud, and you’ll be working with best-of-breed solutions that genuinely make a difference to how our customers run their businesses.
It’s important to us that everyone at Transparity feels like they have a voice that is heard, and can come together to deliver the very best customer service. We’re a continually-expanding team who are engaged, driven and passionate about delivering digital transformation, and we’re always looking for talented individuals to become part of the family. If you think that you can help us realise our vision and want to be part of an organisation who is truly making waves, just get in touch.
Sound good? If you’re interested in joining our journey, simply email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.