About the role
Working closely with the management team, the Head of Service role oversees the delivery and growth of our support services, including the ongoing development of full 24/7 Managed Services capabilities. In this role, you will develop and mature our service offerings, ensure value-add delivery, and manage and develop our service catalogue to help drive sustainable business growth.
The role holder will direct, coordinate and ensure that the appropriate internal technical structures are in place, based upon company policies, goals, and ongoing objectives to ensure an efficient working environment and that deadlines are reliably and consistently met.
Ensuring the required technical capability within the team, high engagement levels, great team spirit and a customer-first mindset is a critical skillset required for this leader.
This role demands someone who fully comprehends the customer interaction journey and works proactively with the wider management team to ensure that everything is in place to guarantee customers are exceptionally happy with the services provided.
Your main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Developing our Managed Services propositions and productisation
- Ensuring that customer requirements are always being met in a timely and professional manner
- Maintaining oversight of the Service Desk performance, providing support and guidance in resolving service issues
- Reporting on and maintaining performance in line with agreed metrics and standards, including budget, performance metrics, customer contract commitments, policies and regulatory requirements
- Working with the COO, develop and direct safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information
- Lead the company’s ISO9001 quality assurance processes and accreditation, improving systems and policies, plus assuming responsibility for the company’s GDPR compliance, ensuring any breaches are notified and managed in a compliant and legal manner
- Developing ongoing service improvement plans to identify improvement areas, and implementing systems to increase service effectiveness
- Proactively recommending improvements to our service and client environments via the service reviews or the account management team.
- Identifying service enhancement opportunities and, where appropriate, highlight to the Sales teams
- Leading the establishment, review and feedback of goals, KPIs and performance in line with agreed process and disciplines through Fit to LEAD
- Developing and maintaining an engaged, motivated Service team, ensuring effective performance, development and progression potential, including structured L&D and career pathways
First and foremost, at Transparity we recruit with our cultural fit in mind. Therefore, you will need to demonstrate a strong work ethic, unwavering dedication to delivering service excellence, the ability to create and maintain exceptional working relationships, creative thinking and problem solving, and high levels of organisation.
We would also like you to possess the following:
- Proven experience in leading and building Managed Services
- Experience and knowledge in a similar role within an MSP in the IT industry (desirable)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud technologies and trends, showing evidence of building strategies around these (desirable)
- Clear understanding of budgets, business planning and KPIs
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to resolve issues and build consensus among diverse groups
- Proven skills in negotiating and mediating conflict
- Excellent leadership and organisational abilities in order to effectively create, develop and lead in line with our culture and leadership philosophy
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving aptitude, plus the ability to be creative, visionary and manage innovation well
- Excellent customer relationship skills with experience in leading and owning face-to-face meetings
Transparity are more than just an IT company; we strive to become the go-to partner for Microsoft Cloud in the UK. We are growing rapidly to keep up with demand from our customers – who rely on us to deliver state-of-the-art technology and digital transformation – making it a very exciting time to join our journey. With 12 Gold Microsoft Partner accreditations (and counting!) Transparity are highly regarded as true experts in the Microsoft Cloud, and you’ll be working with best-of-breed solutions that genuinely make a difference to how our customers run their businesses.
It’s important to us that everyone at Transparity feels like they have a voice that is heard, and can come together to deliver the very best customer service. We’re a continually-expanding team who are engaged, driven and passionate about delivering digital transformation, and we’re always looking for talented individuals to become part of the family. If you think that you can help us realise our vision and want to be part of an organisation who is truly making waves, just get in touch.
Sound good? If you’re interested in joining our journey, simply email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.