About the role
The Company Accountant will work closely with Transparity’s CFO, ensuring that finance activities are performed accurately and in a timely manner. You will be owning all of the ledgers, assisting in the management of working capital, and helping to build forecasts, budgeting and systems.
Your main responsibilities will also include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing the monthly Company management accounts for review by the CFO
- The basic analysis of revenue and cost movements (e.g. pivot a caption and retrieve the main movements). Working to gain a commercial appreciation of the figures. Partnering with the CFO to communicate this to the wider business and add value from the financial function
- Overseeing the purchase and sales ledgers supported by two part-time clerks, one of whom is an experienced credit controller. Manage ageing and cashflow
- Owning the preparation of the Company’s management accounts and analysis of variances
- Reviewing, apportioning (cost centres) and analysing Payroll (prepared by HR)
- VAT returns using Sage, reviewing the return and to maintain the correct VAT treatment for postings throughout the quarter
- Continuously monitoring cash and maintaining a rolling 13-week cashflow forecast in closely partnership with the CFO
- The monthly import of recurring Microsoft licences into Sage and checking them on a monthly basis. Assisting in deferred income calculations
- Managing employee expenses and mileage claims in line with the company expenses policy
- Assisting with forecasting activities
- Assisting the CFO and wider team on best process, controls and system improvements
Due to the nature of the role, you should live within commutable distance of our Ferndown office.
At Transparity, we recruit with our culture fit in mind. We are looking for talented people who can deliver through a strong work ethic, outstanding outcomes and putting the customer first, building great working relationships based on trust and integrity.
You will be passionate about collaborating and supporting your new colleagues as part of Team Transparity, as well as having a real desire to learn and grow. We want everyone to have the opportunity to be their best and reach their full potential, and a thirst to really make a difference to our customers is key.
In addition to this, we would like you to possess the following:
- AAT level 4 diploma qualification or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar accounting role
- Experience of using accounting software (Sage/Xero desirable)
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel (to pivot table level) and Word
- Good communication skills, ability to negotiate and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise when multi-tasking.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Be curious and perceive Transparity as a fulfilling education and journey
Transparity is a fast-growing Microsoft Cloud specialist. But we’re much more than just an IT company; we aim to be the go-to partner for Microsoft Cloud in the UK. Our growth is driven by demand from our customers – who rely on us to deliver state-of-the-art technology and digital transformation – making it a very exciting time to join our journey. With 12 Gold Microsoft Partner accreditations (and counting!) – plus a number of Microsoft Advanced Specialisations – Transparity are highly regarded as true experts in the Microsoft Cloud. so you’ll be working alongside talented colleagues and with best-of-breed solutions.
It’s important to us that everyone at Transparity feels like they have a voice that is heard, and can come together to deliver the very best customer service. Our culture has an enviable reputation in the industry which we work hard to maintain. We are focused on creating an inclusive environment where our employees thrive on integrity, a strong work ethic and the desire to deliver unwavering service excellence to our customers, vendors and partners.
We have a proactive attitude when it comes to looking after the wellbeing and inclusion of all our employees. Transparity consider it essential to promote equal opportunities through our recruitment process and a positive, inclusive culture across the business is something which we are very proud of. We are diverse in our approach to recruitment and recognise that talent comes in all different forms, and the diversity in our team is what helps our business work so well.
We’re also a continually-expanding team who are engaged, driven and passionate about delivering digital transformation, and we’re always looking for talented individuals to become part of the family. If you think that you can help us realise our vision and want to be part of an organisation who is truly making waves, just get in touch.
Sound good? If you’re interested in joining our journey, simply email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept CVs via recruitment agencies.